Friday, May 3, 2024

Live shot #113!

 

Guitarist, composer, visual artist Jacob Pek at Berkeley Arts Festival Building ca. 2015. I've posted a different shot of Jacob here, from the same event, but saw this one recently and just had to post it as well. Too cool of a shot not to! 

The small festivals that Mika Pontecorvo organized under the moniker of Hardly Strictly Personal were generally sparsely attended affairs. It seemed to me that the participants would use them as opportunities to work out ideas that they were entertaining, or to possibly try different configurations of personnel to see what worked or did not work. They were always fun, albeit somewhat exhausting. As Jim Ryan said to me during one of them, "festival fatigue" would set in after a bit. Still, I have very fond memories from them, as one can probably tell. 

I have a large cache of photos from the 2024 Wonder Valley Experimental Music Festival, and hope to post some of those here in the coming months (and this despite the fact that the flash on my camera did not work for several exposures that night!) 

Go out and hear some live, local music. 

No comments: