Monday, January 17, 2022

Vintage Disaster Amnesiac show notes!

These notes, written upon a copy of Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas, were taken at New Horizons in Richmond Virginia, probably spring of 1988. Disaster Amnesiac assumes that they were intended for a review in my high school pal Erik Grotz's  'zine, Action Time, but I don't know if they ever made into print therein. Action Time was cool, as was Erik, who had the good sense to go and see Honor Role at D.C. Space. I was not intelligent enough to do so, nor was I intelligent enough to not be bored by some of Penn's next band, Butterglove, at times during their set. Dude, c'mon! 

Above: Burma Jam and Butterglove get critiqued. I have no doubt that Butterglove were NOT boring, sorry guys, it was probably the pot Disaster Amnesiac had smoked

Below: Fugazi set described by me, then a quote from the inevitable "play Minor Threat" dude, who was addressed by Ian and then butthurt by that. Find this show at the Fugazi live archive and hear it for yourself



Below: Sonic Youth closed an intense afternoon of music. I recall Thurston asking the bartender for Cokes from the bar, along with noting that Richmond girls looked like they had just arrived from Spahn Ranch



No comments: